Saturday, February 10, 2007

More Zhima Jie

An Asia Society's press release from ~1999 has lots of information on the details.
http://www.asiasociety.org/pressroom/rel-zhimajie.html

One review at IMDb said it was useful for introducing American culture to others, I disagree. Certainly that was not the goal of the show. It never was a direct translation of the American show as this review also states. (Although when we saw it in 1999, they still were using "American" footage. My understanding is that all of the overseas "Sesame Street" shows start out using American footage that is dubbed and create more and more of their own content over time.)

My previous thoughts are at Zhima Jie.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Did you ever manage to find copies of Zhima Jie to purchase? I've been looking everywhere with no luck.

Robin said...

I've never seen or heard of ti being on sale. One company was talking to Sesame Street about the rights, but they have not responded to my lastest query. Sadly, I think you can safely stop looking.