Friday, November 10, 2006

Zhima Jie

I still want to see copies of the 130 episodes of Zhima Jie (Sesame Street in China) sold anywhere that I can buy them! It was designed for 3 - 6 year olds in China and aired from 1998 - 2001. There was an unseccessful attempt to have it resume in 2004, but I am not sure if the 130 includes any episodes from then. I expect that someday China Sprout or someone will have the episodes available, but as far as I know it has not happened yet. We were never able to find any one who had taped it in Shanghai.

When I was in China in 1999, one could buy Sesame Street branded things in major department stores. We came back with a sweater bearing Little Plum's face.

I found myself watching the episodes on TV in the evening - usually just after my daughter fell asleep for a quick nap for dinner!

1 comment:

Robin said...

For more see
http://mus-mandarin.blogspot.com/2006/12/more-zhima-jie-draft.html