Saturday, October 07, 2006

Found: Cassettes on sale!

I was just visiting the clearance section at Ray's childbook.com and discovered that both "Teach Me . . . Chinese!" and "Teach Me More . . . Chinese!" are on sale there ! It is the cassette versions, but at $7.50 each I would grab one for the car if I did not have it yet. (The price is before shipping of course). I have done business with Childbook a number of times and never had a problem. The regular price for the cassette/book set is $13.95.

Teach Me . . . Chinese and Teach Me More . . . Chinese by Judy Mahoney are both over 45 minutes of bilingual (Mandarin and English) songs. A booklet with the lyrics (in English, pinyin and simplified characters) is included. Some songs are traditional Chinese, some are tunes you know that are also used in China, and some are English songs translated in to Mandarin. Both albums are are recommended for ages 2 - 12. There are CD versions too - but they are not on sale ($12.44 to $18.95 depending on where you shop).

My other favorite is still Sing 'n Learn Chinese (book and CD) by Trio Jan Jeng and Selina Yoon. All in Mandarin, but I don't know of it being on sale anywhere right now. For more information, read Ear Training: Suggested CDs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now they are on CLEARANCE at $5.95 so decide quickly. I am only buying one. - Elizabeth