Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mid-Autumn Festival on October 6th

I am having a hard time believing that it is suddenly just a over a week away. We are not ready yet here. (Just a couple of days ago, my son asked "is it still summer?" and I realized that it was the Autumnal Equinox!)

I would love to hear any stories about going into the schools and sharing information on the festival. There are enough resources for at least preschool and lower elementary on my Mid-Autumn Festival site. If you are doing Chinese crafts, there are also ideas on my Chinese New Year site, but do save some for the new year too. Upper elementary students can do (harder) Chinese knots, more complex paper cuts and origami, and more cooking. I have some "research ideas" for them too.

I am especially wondering what the parents of "older children" are doing. Some of us have been going into the schools once or twice a year to do "Chinese festivals and culture" for a few years now -- and if you have not moved, you may be presenting to many of the same children too!

No comments: